Connect a semi-retired or unused smartphone or tablet to the internet through Wi-Fi preferably, or a cellular connection. Download the MyPlace app on that device, sign into MyPlace with your user name and password, then open and follow instructions to setup that device as a security camera. Like any Wi-Fi camera, you should leave it plugged into power. If motion is detected, an email will be sent to you with a link to the captured video. View what’s happening at home through your device’s camera from anywhere in the world where a cellular or Wi-Fi connection is available. The iOS camera supports landscape and portrait orientation. The Android camera supports landscape mode only. Note: The “take a picture” feature is currently available for iOS devices only
Articles in this section
- Does MyPlace have video capabilities?
- How do you set up the smartphone or tablet as a security camera?
- What is the maximum number of smartphone or tablet cameras I can add?
- How do you enable motion detection?
- How much data of my internet data plan does the MyPlace smartphone or tablet camera use?
- How do you dim the screen?
- How do you review the videos?
- How do you enable dedicated camera mode?