Unless you are watching a live video stream through the app, MyPlace does not transmit audio or video data. When idle, a MyPlace camera will consume approximately 4MB a day to stay connected with the server. The amount of data varies based on movement and activity, but approximately 220MB of data per hour is used when viewing a real-time video stream. Cloud-based MyPlace motion detection videos are approximately 0.6MB for every 5 seconds of video recorded at standard quality.
Articles in this section
- Does MyPlace have video capabilities?
- How do you set up the smartphone or tablet as a security camera?
- What is the maximum number of smartphone or tablet cameras I can add?
- How do you enable motion detection?
- How much data of my internet data plan does the MyPlace smartphone or tablet camera use?
- How do you dim the screen?
- How do you review the videos?
- How do you enable dedicated camera mode?