With MyPlace, you can transform retired smartphones and tablets into video security cameras. Create a video security system with automatic motion-activated video recordings from a retired Android or iOS device to keep an eye on things in real time, record live video or take a picture while viewing remotely. While this method isn’t intended to be your permanent video solution, many users find it complements their MyPlace system. MyPlace will offer dedicated cameras in the future. Retired devices should only be used to monitor your primary residence, as push and update functionality of these devices may cause disconnects that require a physical restart to reconnect the camera.
Articles in this section
- Does MyPlace have video capabilities?
- How do you set up the smartphone or tablet as a security camera?
- What is the maximum number of smartphone or tablet cameras I can add?
- How do you enable motion detection?
- How much data of my internet data plan does the MyPlace smartphone or tablet camera use?
- How do you dim the screen?
- How do you review the videos?
- How do you enable dedicated camera mode?