- Remove all the contents from the “MyPlace Gateway” box and zip-lock bags.
- In the MyPlace app, tap the Menu icon in the upper left corner. Menu > Devices > Add Devices > MyPlace Gateway. You should see a QR code scanner open. Turn the Gateway upside down and hold your phone over it as if you were taking a picture. MyPlace will automatically scan the QR code.
- After the Gateway is scanned, plug the micro USB side of the cable into the micro USB port on the Gateway.
- Plug the USB A side (larger side) of the cable into the power adapter.
- Plug the Ethernet cable into the Gateway.
- Take the Gateway, connected cables and power adapter to your internet connection (router). Locate an available Ethernet port. Typically, the ports are on the back of your modem or Wi-Fi router. Plug the other end of the Ethernet cable into an available Ethernet port.
- Plug the power adapter into one of your wall’s power outlets. As the Gateway is powering on, you will see a sequence of green and orange flashing lights.
- Once you get a solid green light, you are ready to proceed and the app will advance automatically. From here you can install the devices in any order you wish.
Note: The Gateway has to use the power supply and cable that came with the system due to the sensitivity of the device.