Remove all contents from the MyPlace Gateway box and zip-lock bags.
- In the MyPlace app, select the Menu icon in the upper left corner. Go to Devices > Add Devices > MyPlace Gateway. You should see a QR code scanner open.
- Turn the Gateway upside down and hold your phone over it as if you were taking a picture. MyPlace will scan the QR code automatically.
- After scanning the Gateway, plug the micro USB end (smaller end) of the cable into the micro USB port on the Gateway.
- Plug the USB A end (larger end) of the cable into the power adapter.
- Plug the Ethernet cable into the Gateway.
- Take the Gateway, connected cables and power adapter to your internet connection (router). Locate an available Ethernet port. (Often, ports are on the back of your modem or Wi-Fi router.) Plug the other end of the Ethernet cable into an available Ethernet port.
- Plug the power adapter into one of your wall’s power outlets. As the Gateway powers on, you will see a sequence of green and orange flashing lights.
- Once you see a solid green light, you are ready to proceed. The app will update
- From here, you can install the devices in any order you wish.
Note: The Gateway must use the power supply and cable that came with the system due to the sensitivity of the device.